Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What will I find?

"So long, I've been looking too hard,
I've been waiting too long.
Sometimes I don't know what I will find,
I only know it's a matter of time."

--Foreigner, "Waiting for a Girl Like You."

I'm copying and pasting an e-mail I recently wrote to a friend who asked me how my dating life is going. Yep, I'm going to POST IT HERE. You might be wondering: why the HELL would anyone do that?

Because. Sometimes it's important to document the good stuff. Sometimes it's good to reflect on positive things in my life. Perhaps it's time for me to start looking closely at the reasons why a relationship is (actually!) good for me and be critical even while I'm totally enjoying every minute of it. Maybe THAT is how you sustain the positivity or learn how to nip negativity in the bud (or, eliminate it completely if that's the right thing to do).

My friend read this message and replied that it gave her "goosebumpies!" If I try to read it objectively--as if I didn't write it--the whole thing gives me goosebumpies, too. Just thinking about everything certainly makes me smile.

And by the way [Name], if you claim that you DON'T READ MY BLOG ANYWAY, then you won't read this and you can't be mad about it!

Ha!
Ha again!

***********************************************************************************

I have to laugh because I really expected a whole lot of nothing from the guy. It took him like 3.5 months to figure out that he was supposed to ask me out, and then my expectations were super low as a result. I was dating a handful of guys for a while there, trying to be super picky and weed through the garbage (and there was plenty of trash). I fully expected to weed him out. There was this other guy who was totally in the lead... And then suddenly [Name] and I started to click. And then all the other dudes just weren't measuring up. And now we've just been dating each other for a couple of months.

And.... he's kinda awesome. And hilarious! He's a little nuts sometimes, but I love it. He's really, really sweet to me, too.

I totally dig him, and as long as he keeps treating me so nicely and making it pretty darn obvious (as he does) that he digs me back, I will keep him around. :)

I'm kind of in shock over the whole thing. When I tell people how we met it makes me laugh. "Our first conversation took place on MacArthur Boulevard and my computer was reading about 25. I was trying not to suck air and look like a chump in front of all the gorgeous Coppi boys when I got swallowed up in their paceline."

He likes to tell people I picked him up off the street.

***********************************************************************************
So... there you have it...

Besos to you, [Name]!


No comments:

Post a Comment