Monday, May 23, 2011

Patience

"Said woman take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said sugar make it slow
And we'll come together fine
All we need is just a little patience
Patience, yeah."

--Guns 'N Roses, "Patience."

One of my claims of prior coolness (though I will readily admit that I am not now, nor ever have been conventionally "cool") is that my first concert ever was Def Leppard in the seventh grade. My dad camped out to get me tickets.

My parents would not let me go see GNR when they came to town after that. Shucks. Still. I've karaoked "Sweet Child of Mine" and I didn't look at the lyrics once.

Anyway, I'm writing this to give an update on the knee situation, and to remind myself that I need to take it slow. The pain is going away, the prognosis is good, swimming has been a release and a relief, and with a little more "rest" (I put that in quotes because I am not really resting the way one should: feet up, no exertion, etc.), I should be fine.

This has been quite the scare for me, and the battle in my brain has been worse than the battle on my body, by far.

Patience, woman. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment