Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Breathing!

"Hallelujah, I'm breathing!
Hallelujah, I'm breathing!
Hallelujah, I'm breathing, Hallelujah!"

--Lovedrug, "Down Towards the Healing."

Now that my FIRST (and I emphasize FIRST, because there will DEFINITELY be more) Half IronMan is massacred, what is a girl supposed to do?

1) Go on a diet. I've been eating like a horse. For reals. I'm counting every calorie. No more half-a-box-of-rice crackers and half-a-log-of-goat cheese before dinner evenings and then 4 Fudgecicles at 10 PM. Sad to see them go. Sigh.

2) Party. And yes, the wine calories are counted.

3) Go see my 32nd and 33rd Dave Matthews concerts in Chicago this weekend!! Yahoo Kelly and Erin can't wait to see you!!!

4) Recover. I went to a yoga class yesterday, and I laughed as my legs wobbled under me. Swimming this morning was a DREAM. Oh, it felt amazing to stretch out. And even today I recognize how much I am NOT a sprinter but an ENDURANCE athlete, because the 4x400s felt like crap, but my 1200-yard piece felt awesome.

5) Try to sleep more. This is actually helpful in dieting.

6) See my friends more.

7) Date?????? Maybe????? A little more than I have been????? The few, the strong, the confident men who are responding to me in my current state of swagger get a lot of points.

8) Sing. I've been neglecting my music. I want to invite everyone to the gig in October with my band and the gig in November with my a cappella group, but only if I don't suck.

9) SMILE. I'm a very, very happy girl these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment