Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fate is Heavy

"The hand of fate is on me now
It pick me up and knock me down.
I'm on the run, I'm prison bound
The hand of fate is heavy now."
--The Rolling Stones, "Hand of Fate."


In April, I went to New Orleans with Marni and Stefanie for a girls' weekend. It was French Quarter Fest, and we had a blast.


Music.


Food.


Running.


Great weather.


Boy talk.


Excessive drinking.


It was awesome.


At one point, someone brought up the idea of visiting a psychic, and without much hesitation, we were all on board. Each of us got a very different, very personal reading. Marni and I were fairly impressed with how spot on Stef's seemed to be, but we were fairly skeptical about our own.



I, for one, was in a budding relationship that seemed fairly solid and I was floating on air in love with my boyfriend. I was shocked when she didn't immediately confirm that he was my soul mate. I was even further shocked when she started giving me warnings about his instability. She said our relationship would "change significantly after 4 months." I thought she meant we'd move in together (as we had discussed). What she meant was that we'd break up. Awesome.

I was also VERY skeptical about her assessment of my new boss. She mentioned an authoritative female figure causing me a lot of stress at the end of the summer. My boss was new and pleasant, and it seemed that she had her act together.

And now, here we are.
At the end of the summer.
And my boss is kill. ing. me.

So: if the CRAP came true, and I'm still alive and cheerful, then I'm excited but curious about what she said would happen next: She said I'd be a mom in a year and a half!

And I'm single.

So, I'm wondering, and laughing: who on earth is going to be my baby daddy and get me knocked up by January?????

Yes. We're all laughing. Everyone. Including all of you dudes who I'm casually dating right now. You're laughing at this, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment