Thursday, November 18, 2010

Make a Wish

"Just make a wish--
Write out a list
What's broke is fixed.

Make a wish--
What's diamonds and pearls?
You know you're my girl, I'll give you the world.

Make a wish--
I ain't talking 'bout no ifs or maybes.
No possibles, girl, you're driving me crazy."

--Jaheim, "Make a Wish."

Abby's Holiday Wish List (I reserve the right to update this!)

[ED 11/21/2010: I ordered this item yesterday, as I predicted I would....]
I'm probably going to buy this for myself in the next week:
Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. My LBS has a deal going on with the triathlon club and I'll likely just get in on that.

Really Fabulous Black Boots. I need a new pair of knee-high black boots. I've tried a few on, and I'm having this weird problem where the boots are WAY too big for my calves. [ED: Okay, I am spoiling myself. I bought these because they listed a narrower calf circumference. Will report on how they fit...]

A new Digital Camera. I hear good things about the Panasonic Lumix series.

A new, good-quality wheelaboard suitcase. Mine is going on 13 years old. I paid a lot of money for it, and I was pissed about that fact at the time, but it lasted almost 13 years. It served me well, but it's finally dying.

A popcorn air popper. I love popcorn. I love low-calorie, stuff-your-face-with-a-whole-bowl popcorn.

[ED.] I figured I should add... always acceptable: jewelery (earrings and necklaces, in particular), spa treatments (gift certificates for mani/pedis or massages), and event tickets (concerts, sporting events, shows at the Kennedy Center). If you're wondering if this information is for you, you're probably on to something. ;) Maybe a bike computer.

And lastly... I've threatened to do this for my 35th birthday, and it's fucking right around the corner. Wouldn't that be a fun day, mom? We'll go together. Take me to your girl, because what she does looks AMAZING on your forehead.

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. You should get the Stir Crazy Popcorn popper! I use mine at least once a week
    http://www.target.com/Stir-Crazy-Popcorn-Popper-qt/dp/B00004RC6R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those! Don't they require oil? At least, a little?

    ReplyDelete