Friday, November 26, 2010

Understand?

"Years go by, will I still be waiting for somebody else to understand?
Years go by, if I'm stripped of my beauty and the orange clouds raining in my head.
Years go by, will I choke on my tears 'til, finally there is nothing left?
One more casualty, you know we're too easy, easy, easy."

--Tori Amos, "Silent All These Years."

To blog or not to blog? There's a question. Clearly, I've answered it already, and I'm answering it again. Right... now.

As I mentioned in one of my first posts, there are reasons I'm doing this. And they are often--admittedly and unapologetically--selfish. Self-indulgent. But there's more to it than that. It's not just all about me, ever.

For those of you who might judge this, I offer:

1) I chose the word "unapologetically" on purpose, above.
2) I need this forum for processing and healing.
3) There are plenty of people who have been through much, much worse than I have. There are plenty of people who haven't experienced nearly the garbage that I have. We all have our own journey; however, relating to others is one way that we all find the strength to persevere. If anything that I write about is relatable in any way to another person--and I think that it is--and they find courage as a result... I would risk any kind of vulnerability for that.

There's a reason I'm writing this particular entry, and that is because lately I have felt judged for publishing some of my thoughts, and silly me feels like I need to explain.

But, I don't.

If you don't get it, you don't get it. I'm writing anyway. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment