Monday, July 26, 2010

Diving In

"Wake up sleepy head, I think the sun's a little brighter today
Smile and watch the icicles melt away and see the water rising."

-Dave Matthews Band, "Dive In."

So. Apparently I need to jump back in the water.

I will certainly start in the shallow end, where I can see the bottom, see my hands and feet and toes. I will only go into depths where I can still touch the bottom. But, standing on the shore and staring out across the water in fear isn't working anymore.

Yep, I'm a little scared to dive in, lest I find myself again gasping for air. But standing and staring and wondering and worrying is a scarier place for me.

They say when you get in a car accident or crash your bike, one of the best ways to get over it is to get back behind the wheel or get right back in the saddle, so the fear doesn't set in.

I don't want this fear to hold onto me for another second.

So I'm diving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment