Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Out of Tune

"What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key."

--The Beatles, "A Little Help From my Friends."

I just want to give a little shout out to all of my wonderful friends and family who have been so amazingly supportive over the past month (or so). As I write this, I am feeling a sadness that just leaks out my eyes such that I can't stop it, and as much as I want to pick up the phone and ask Emily, or Ashley, or Mom, or Marni, or Heather, or Erin, or Christina, or Ann, or Stefanie, or Dad to hold my hand and tell me it's going to be okay, I'm going to try to give them all a break by writing instead.

I've been attempting to spread all the garbage around so that no one gets too much at once, but I know when I've hit people's upper limits. I apologize, especially to Mom (who gets a daily dose), and to Marni and Stef for dinner last week. I thank you for your support. The pain gets duller each day, but some days, like today, I'm overtired, and all I want is someone who is going to give me a hug when I get home. But that's not going to happen today.

So I'll just pray, and give thanks for the love around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment