Thursday, July 15, 2010

I am a Rock Star

"You weren't there, you never were
You want it all but that's not fair
I gave you life, I gave my all
You weren't there, you let me fall

So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves, and I don't need you
And guess what?
I'm havin' more fun
And now that we're done, I'm gonna show you tonight
I'm alright
I'm just fine and you're a TOOL
So, so what?
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves and I don't want you tonight."

--Pink, "So What."

Sometimes, my workout mix of bad dance music makes me smile.

A lot.

And, actually, I kind of *am* a rock star. Like, I sing in a band, and we rock. And I did a 35-mile bike ride before work this morning and averaged 22mph. Woot.

So, yeah. I got my rock moves. I get to have these moments, just like everyone else.

That isn't to say that I'M SO EXHAUSTED I COULD CRY because I only got 5 hours of sleep the past 3 nights, but I'll recover.

I am a rock star, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment