Thursday, July 22, 2010

Growing Hungry

"I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.
But I can't feed on the powerless when my cup's already overfilled."

--Hunger Strike, "Temple of the Dog."

I knid of want to eat my arm.

I've been training for a Half IronMan triathlon on September 12, 2010. It's the "DiamondMan" in Bear, DE.



Will it be my first? Will it be my last? Who knows, but lately my workouts are long and intense. I never knew I was an endurance athlete--until I tried, I guess. Yesterday I did 45 minutes on the bike and then ran for an hour, and I felt the strongest in the last half hour of that workout. That's a little sick.

What's sicker is how HARD I BONKED about an hour and a half later. Oof. Apparently I don't know how to feed myself. And this morning all I can think about is "What am I going to eat next?" and "Is it too soon to eat again?"

I'm totally outside my expertise here. I mean, am I going to have to start drinking protein shakes? Like, FTW. I'm a girl.

It was interesting reading different song lyrics on hunger to start this blog post. There are lots of similarities to what's going on in my stomach and what's going on in my heart.

I'm growing hungry, indeed. And I need to find the right nourishment. No ordinary meal will suffice.

I want the good stuff! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment